Upgrade to Business Central from Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV, or AX.
Move to the cloud with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP
Endeavour Solutions has been supporting Microsoft Dynamics for over 30 years. Over that time we have performed over 1,000 upgrades and implementations of ERP, CRM and Cloud applications. The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Migration Program sets out 3 easy steps to migrate from on-premise to the Microsoft Cloud in the USA or Canada.
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Migration Program includes a number of special offers and promotions from Microsoft for additional discounts when moving from on-premise systems (AX, CRM, GP, and NAV) to Dynamics 365 in Canada or USA. Contact our team to learn if you qualify. 3 simple steps: 1- a subscription license review including special offers, 2- an assessment and estimate, and 3- a cloud upgrade following a defined timeline and proven methodology.
Why upgrade to Microsoft Business Central?
- You may be on an older version and need to upgrade as your current version of Microsoft Dynamics may be ending mainstream support. Endeavour will still support you and your Business Applications, but Microsoft or your 3rd party add-ons may be ending their support. Being off support presents risks associated with security, bug fixes and compatibility concerns. We recommend Dynamics 365 Business Central. Dynamics GP is no longer available to new clients as of 2025/2026.
- You may be seeking to be Cloud-hosted with new cloud productivity functions available in the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics 365. If you are on Microsoft Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV, Dynamics AX , Oracle JD Edwards or Dynamics CRM, the new Dynamics 365 Business Central cloud platform may be of interest to you. Cloud-based ERP and CRM applications from Microsoft are available on a subscription basis and include cloud-hosting from Microsoft Canada on Azure. (We do not support Finance and Operations aka F&O)
- New features and functions to support increased end-user productivity may pose a strong business case for upgrading. Adoption of these functions along with a new redesign of your process automation is what we refer to a Digital Transformation. All of Microsoft's R&D and major cloud investments are for their Dynamics 365 Platform including Business Central. Business Central is based on Dynamics NAV, but is a completely new system and cloud architecture. Dynamics GP is still actively being updated and supported with a roadmap well into the future past 2028+. GP Upgrade but lacks the recent cloud advancements seen in Business Central (see GP to BC whitepaper)
- You've outgrown your current system for Finance, Manufacturing, WMS, and Inventory management. With Dynamics 365 Business Central you gain access to a world-class mid-market ERP system, deep ISV add-ons, all hosted securely in the Microsoft Cloud.
- You're looking to get more out of your Project Accounting moving from Dynamics GP to Business Central Project Accounting and Jobs can help to yield greater control and analytics over your project based work. Project Accounting, WIP, Billable time, revenue recognition and other project-related details for contracts and service agreements can be set up by Endeavour Solutions to meet your needs.
With Endeavour you can Expect your BC Migration to include:
- A proper assessment of your needs
- A scope and project plan to meet your objectives
- A technical upgrade including pre-production and live production upgrade
- Advisory Services to review opportunities for improvement including configuration, training and adoption of new functions.
Case study - Moving from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Business Central
Microsoft Great Plains to Business Central - .PDF
Serving clients across Canada and the United States
3 min - Compare Dynamics GP to Business Central for Cash receipts data entry
Full Introduction to Dynamics 365 Business Central (44min) showcasing the integrated and unified nature of Dynamics 365, with Office 365 and the Power Platform
Microsoft Dynamics GP migration to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Canada and USA.
Endeavour Solutions, as a GOLD ERP partner and 30+ years in Dynamics GP, has a specialized set of tools and processes to move Dynamics GP to the new cloud-based Dynamics 365 Business Central platform. The following are the types of data than can be migrated from Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central. Req GP 2016 or newer.
- Migrate Dynamics GP Chart of Accounts (CoA) to Business Central dimensions
- GL Accounts and summary transactions history and open years
- Customers and Open Receivables Transactions
- Vendors and Open Payables Transactions
- Items and Quantity on Hand at the time of migration run
- Supporting data for salespeople ID, payment terms, shipping method ID, segments and codes as dimensions; additional ship to and order addresses
- Sales, Purchasing, and Inventory history data is brought over into Business Central Extension tables. Including inventory locations, quantity on hand, Serial Numbers, lot numbers.
- Additional historical data can be moved to Microsoft Azure Data-Lake for long term storage, analysis and reporting.